Workshop details hiring decisions, best practices
Jim Jorgensen, of Hoeppner, Wagner & Evans Attorneys at Law, and Allison Bertl, WorkOne Business Service Manager on behalf of the Center of Workforce Innovations Inc., will detail the hiring process for small business owners. The NWI Society of Human Resource Management team will also offer insights.
- When you can use independent contractors (and when you cannot)
- How to conduct and use background checks on applicants, including criminal checks
- The extent to which you can use social media to gather information about applicants
- The questions you can, and cannot ask, during the interview process
- Maximize recruitment and hiring opportunities
- Effective ways to describe and post positions
- Make the most of all resources available
- Clarify potential career path opportunities during the interview process
When: Tuesday, September 26 from 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Where: Center of Workforce Innovations, 2804 Boilermaker Court, Suite E., Valparaiso, IN
Cost: There is no cost. Registration is required as there is limited seating.
Contact: Lorri Feldt, NW-ISBDC
View full flyer with details here
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author (s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance by calling your local SBDC .